If you haven’t discovered already, I love cupcakes and all things sweet treat-related. Over the years, I’ve baked my fair share of desserts: cookies, cupcakes, pies, fudge, etc. Every year, my mom would put me in charge of making all of the desserts for our family holiday gatherings. Just wait until the holidays get closer, I’ll be sharing some of my family’s secret dessert recipes that I know you’ll all fall in love with. You can thank me for your weight gain later…
For now, before we get way too deep into cupcake blog posts, we need to start with the basics. I have created a list of tips to help you make the perfect cupcake every. single. time. Even if you’re a beginner, these tips will work for you!
- Silicone Cupcake Liners (I like these): This is obviously not a necessity, but I almost always forget the most important things at the grocery store – usually the cupcake liners. So, I love these that I can reuse! Trust me, it doesn’t work to make cupcakes without these.
- Don’t Under/Over Fill: When you’re pouring the batter into each cupcake liner, be sure that you put just enough in each one – not too little and not too much. Fill your cupcake liners 3/4 full. This will allow your cupcakes to “fluff up” just enough for the perfect cupcakes.
- Add 1 More Egg: Adding an extra egg (or 2 if you want even richer cake) will make your cake taste like it’s straight from the bakery!
- Butter: Replace the oil with melted butter and double the amount
- Milk: Replace the water with an equal amount of milk. This will also give you a fresh-from-the-bakery taste!
- Use the Best Ingredients: When it comes to your ingredients, only buy the best! Trust me, going for the grocery store brands or cheaper pricing rather than the “real deal” will not be near as good!
- Room Temperature: Using all ingredients at room temperature will make for better mixing. Don’t dump cold milk, eggs, water, etc. into your mix – it just won’t mix as smooth. Make sure all of your ingredients are the same temperature.
- Scoop It: Use an ice cream scoop to fill the liners to ensure they’re all filled equally. Don’t try to eyeball it!
- No Peeking: While the cupcakes are baking away in the oven, don’t peek! Leave the oven door closed during the entire cooking time so the temperature doesn’t change while cooking.
Try out these tips and let me know how they work for you! Happy baking my sweet cupcakes!