I’m pretty sure I’m not alone in wanting to find the most perfect nude lipstick. I’ve spent lord only knows how much money on nude lipsticks that I thought were the perfect shade, but ended up hating them once I put them on my lips. There are SO many beautiful nude lip colors out there, but when you find the one that is perfect for you; trust me, you’ll know! Then if you’re like me, once you find the right shade, you’ll go buy the same exact color in a ton of different brands… just because.
Don’t get me wrong, I am all about a bright red or hot pink lip, but on any regular day, I love my nudes! I can’t stand to go without any lip color, so I always find myself reaching for a nude or neutral shade. If you still haven’t found the perfect nude lipstick for you, don’t worry girl – I’m here for ya!
Here are some tips on how to find the perfect nude lip shade for you:
- Go a shade or even two shades lighter than your skin tone. This will help make the color look super natural, which makes it seem like your lips are just naturally flawless.
- Know your skin’s undertones to help match the correct shades. Fair skinned ladies should choose nude lipsticks with pink undertones, medium skinned ladies should choose nudes with orange undertones, and dark skinned ladies should choose darker undertones or chocolate browns. The darker your skin, the darker your lip color should be.
- Try a bunch of shades until you find the perfect one.
- Test out different finishes: matte, glossy, satin, velvet… There are so many different kinds of lipsticks, so find what works best for you. Personally, I prefer matte finishes because of their lasting power and their look. I just feel like glossy finishes don’t look good on me, but that may be completely different for you!
- Swatch before you buy. Go to Ulta, Sephora, or even the drugstore and swatch some different shades to see what you like. Lipsticks in their tubes look completely different than they do on your skin, so test them out!
Here are some of the awesome brands (both budget-friendly & high-end) that I’ve found that have great nude lip shades: Anastasia Beverly Hills, NYX (I love the Lingerie line), Kylie Cosmetics (I love the Kim Kardashian West collection – almost all of the colors work for me), Wet n’ Wild Liquid Catsuit, Revlon Ultra HD liquid matte, Kat Von D, Still, Tarte… and SO many more!
Try out some different brands and different shades, and let me know what works for you!