We are just one week away from Thanksgiving, and then we are all transitioning to Christmas! I love Fall and Thanksgiving, but for some reason, this year I am so excited for Christmas. Since we will be transitioning to the “most wonderful time of the year,” I wanted to share some more Fall recipes with all of you. Today, I’m going to give y’all the recipe for Apple Pie Cupcakes, and let me tell you… they’re delicious! They’re pretty easy to make, so you could definitely whip some up for your family’s Thanksgiving next week!
My family made three trips to the apple orchard this Fall, so we have our fair share of apples in the kitchen. I needed to get rid of some, so I started to research some apple recipes and found these delicious cupcakes! The cinnamon buttercream icing and the apple pie filling is there perfect combo!
1 box yellow or white cake mix + the box ingredients
1 cup of butter, softened
20 oz. apple pie filling
1/2 cup of brown sugar
3 cups of powdered sugar
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
2 tablespoons of milk
1 teaspoon of vanilla flavoring
optional – I added fresh apples into the pie filling
Let’s Get Baking!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line muffin tins with paper cupcake liners
- Prepare cake batter according to the box directions
- Fill cupcake liners about 2/3 full and bake according to the box directions
- All cupcakes to cool completely
- Dice apples into small pieces (if you’re using fresh apples as well, mix them in with the apple pie filling at this time)
- Using a knife, core out a plug in the middle of each cupcake and fill with pie filling
- Place the top of the plug back on the cupcake
- Combine butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla – whip until fluffy
- Gradually add the powdered sugar
- Slowly add milk until you reach the desired consistency
- Frost each cupcake
Let me know if you try these! Do you have any favorite apple recipes?