Happy Saturday, Cupcakes & Contour family! I hope you have all enjoyed your day so far. Here in South Carolina, it has been a gorgeous day. We’ve spent the majority of the day playing outside with Sweet Caroline’s new water table, and we have had a blast!
Caroline had afternoon movie time with her daddy while I went and did some makeup for some beautiful prom ladies. For the makeovers, I used Maskcara’s IIID Foundation and it gave the girls the most perfect dewy look – holy gorgeous!
We are heading to dinner with the in-laws this evening, then I’m coming home for self-care Saturday. Every Saturday night for the past month, I’ve done the same routine and it’s been great. I look forward to it every week. If you’re a mom, I challenge you to have one night a week for yourself; we all need a little while to just have some quiet time and relax. So, after you put the kiddos to bed, invest in yourself. Some people get crazy with their self care days, but I don’t have time for all that, so here’s what I do:
- Run a hot bath
- Get my face so fresh and so clean, clean using my Tres Leches cleanser and toner
- Put on a face mask (I got a new pineapple sheet mask from Target that I’m excited to try). I keep my face mask on during my bath.
- Throw in a bath bomb
- Put on my favorite podcast (I’m currently loving the Date Your Wife podcast)
- Light some candles and relax in the bath until the water gets cold
- Use my favorite Milk moisturizer
My self care Saturday routine isn’t too much, but I try my best to make time to relax each week. It helps to refresh my mind and reset for my busy life.
How do you take time for yourself? I’d love to hear!